2021 Resident's Voice Challenge - Artwork Contest!!
The National Consumer Voice for Quality Long-Term Care invites all seniors who are in long term care programs to participate in an artwork contest. This year’s theme emphasizes that the long-term care facility is the residents’ home. As part of the Resident’s Voice Challenge, we will be selecting original resident artwork to be featured on a door hanger. These door hangers will serve as a reminder for anyone who visits, that this is your home.
• Create a piece of art that reflects what home means to you or how you make your space feel like home.
• Types of artwork submissions: original drawings, paintings, sketches, photography
• Submissions must be produced by a long-term care consumer or consumers.
• We will select one or more pieces of resident artwork to be featured on the Consumer Voice website and on a door hanger available in the Consumer Voice online store.
• Residents will be notified if their artwork has been selected. Residents whose artwork is selected will receive complimentary door hangers.
*If a resident appears in a photo with their artwork, they must sign a photo release form.
Alternatively, residents can respond to the Resident’s Voice Challenge in writing, audio, or via video. Answer one or more of the following questions:
• What did you miss most during the pandemic? What is your life like now as a long-term care resident?
• What are you looking forward to most in the next year (doing an activity, seeing a loved one, etc.)?
• What does home mean to you? How do you make where you live feel like home?
• What can your facility staff do to help make your residence a home?