Medicaid Application Support*
*Please note we are not attorneys and do not give legal advise. We are social workers trained and experienced to help with Medicaid and other benefits. We are happy to refer you to elder care attorneys for all legally related issues.
We specialize in helping families apply for Community Medicaid in New York State. We help families with this complicated and confusing Medicaid process. We stay with you for the entire journey from the beginning of application until you are satisfied with the home based services we help you access.
New York State’s Medicaid Long Term Care for community based elderly has been a highly effective program that has enabled many seniors to stay in their homes. However with cuts to the budget announced on March 31, 2020 funds to these programs have been severely cut back. However that does not make it impossible rather more of a challenge.
Some of the cuts effecting Community Medicaid
• Stringent Criteria for Home Health Aide Services under the new guidelines an applicant will need at least three deficits in their daily living skills (bathing, eating, “transferring”(ambulating), dressing, toileting….) Many applicants will no longer be eligible under these guidelines. Level aides that helps with shopping, laundry…. are being eliminated.
• Restrictions on the Consumer Driven Program this program that allows you find and hire your own aide (including family members) will have additional limitations placed on it.
Possible upcoming cuts
Look-Back Period for Community Medicaid has been delayed until at least March 31, 2024. This will be a 2.5 year financial look back of all resources with no allowance for any transfers of funds. This is one of the most threatening changes that will happen and will not aallow many seniors to apply.
What can you do now?
1. If you are a senior in need of home based services and cannot afford it own your own - apply NOW for this Medicaid program. If you submit the application you will fall under the current guidelines. We are Medicaid application specialists in New York State. We can help you apply for this valuable program. Call us at 914-420-2438 or email us at Linda@curtiscaremanagement.com.
2. Contact your local and state representative and tell them your story - why you or your family member needs this vital program.
3. Stay updated on these changes and other concerns affecting Medicaid benefits by clicking here.